Before rushing to call an expert cleaning company, DIY it with these common household products to help wipe out all kinds of stubborn carpet or fabric stains, from coffee red wine to pet urine.
Coffee stains are not so difficult to remove if you have the knowledge on how do it properly. There are some simple and effective methods you can use every time you deal with coffee stains. Here you can learn which are they. Coffee stains can be removed easily if you don’t allow them to dry and settle to the fabrics. That’s why our cleaning specialists advise you to act as quickly as possible when a coffee spill happens. Take a clean white cloth and start blotting the coffee stain with it to remove as much of the liquid as possible.
Now, you should prepare a cleaning solution of one teaspoon of dish-washing detergent and one cup of lukewarm water. Apply this solution onto the affected area with a cleaning sponge and then, blot it with another clean cloth.
Again prepare a home-made cleaning mixture, but this time use 1/3 cup of white vinegar and 2/3 cup of lukewarm water. Apply this solution with a cleaning sponge on the area and then blot again with a clean cloth. Use plain water to rinse the cleaning solution from the affected surface and then launder as normal. Don’t forget to read the instructions on the label no matter if it comes to carpet or clothing.
We recommend to make a mixture of one teaspoon of mild detergent and one cup of lukewarm water for removing coffee stains from carpets. First you need to blot the stains with this mixture and then use diluted vinegar over the stains. Clean with a sponge and rinse with water to completely remove the coffee stains.
Red Wine Stains
It’s a daily occurrence of spilling red wine on beautiful new carpet. In these cases, we should not panic and get angry at all. There is an easy way to remove the wine stain right after this happened.
Do you have table salt? Of course every household has it. Don’t wonder why I ask you that question, you will need to get rid of the wine stain on your carpet. What we have learnt from practice is that table salt removes easily wine stains and carpets keep their clean and good looking. Here you are how to do it.
First of all, determine which parts of your carpet are stained with the spilled wine. However, it is very important to clean them as quickly as possible before the wine stuck into the fabrics of the carpet and dries because it may become permanent or at least very difficult to be removed. You should neutralize it before that happen. If the spill is coming from red wine, pour on it white wine. Take quickly clean paper towel and blot the moisture from it. Continue blotting with a sponge damped in cold water from the sink.
After you finish blotting, look at the stain, take your table salt and sprinkle enough amount on it. It prevents the wine from getting into the fabrics. Continue salting the stain to stop the absorption of the wine from the carpet until you cover the whole stain with a great layer of salt.
Lay paper towels on it and put a heavy object on them. We suggest to let it sit this way over the night and in the morning you can remove them and vacuum the carpet. The wine stains should be gone. In case of any remaining stains you can apply a good carpet stain remover to help you achieve best results.
Mud stains are among the most common stains, especially during the rainy season. Fortunately, removing mud stains from a carpet isn’t a dreadful task and you can easily deal with mud stains following these steps:
1) Although it’s recommended that you clean carpet stains when they’re still fresh, you should wait for the mud stains to completely dry before getting down to cleaning. If you try to clean a mud stain when it’s still wet, you’ll work the mud even deeper into the carpet fibres.
2) Once the stain has dried, brush off the mud by hand or use a soft brush. In this way, you’ll loosen a great amount of the mud. Of course, you should be very gentle when brushing the carpet, because some types of carpets can get damaged quite easily.
3) Vacuum the area thoroughly to removed the loosened mud.
4) When most of the dirt is removed, you should continue the carpet cleaning procedure by apply a little mild dish washing detergent on the mud stain. Carpet cleaning London experts recommend that you first test the cleaner on a small, hidden spot of your carpet to ensure that it won’t cause any damage to the carpet colour or fibres.
5) Blot with a clean cloth or paper towels to absorb the detergent and the loosened mug. You may need to repeat the step 4 and 5 a few times until completely removing the mud stains from your carpet.
6) Once you’ve got rid of the dark stains, sponge the area with white vinegar. Then blot with a dry, clean cloth to absorb the vinegar.
7) To rinse the carpet, sponge with cold water, then blot with paper towels. Let the carpet air dry.
This is enough to remove mud stains from a carpet yourself. It’s important to book deep carpet cleaning services at least 3 times a year if you want to be sure that your carpet is germ free and entirely safe for your kids and pets.
There are a million kind of stains on a million kind of surfaces. However, there is solution for each one of the horrible and ugly spots. If you don’t know them well, you can always ask our experts who will always help you with their cleaning tips.
Our professionals are full of cleaning tricks for every kind of cleaning problem. They can deal with it with professional detergents or with natural household products. You choose if you want to clean with cheap or with expensive materials. Read this short stain removal guide.
1) There is one rule that applies to every kind of stains that you have to deal with. Act immediately! Act fast! And you may get rid of the stain, before it even appears.
2) Other short tips are to soak the excess liquid or to scrape out the solids. Never scrub! Only dab with a white (not coloured) cloth.
3) The first solution that you apply should always be the water. Flush the area with cool water and mop in the same time. If it doesn’t work, then you might need more different solution.
4) You should always use cool or warm water and never hot or cold. It’s possible to ruin the fabric or to cause very serious damages.